Now hiring alerts by workbrite.org
Customer Service Representative-Inbound
Introduction to Direct Interactions
Based in Seattle, Direct Interactions provides contact center solutions using American agents that work from home. We are socially responsible in our business practices and seek to provide great at-home work opportunities for all Americans, including people with disabilities. Our clients rely on Direct Interactions to support their customers by telephone and email while representing their brands with care and professionalism.
About the Position
Your role is handling a high volume of incoming phone calls from motorists with unpaid parking tickets.
· Politely answering calls and processing payments
· Quickly and accurately dispense information to motorists
· Dispute resolution
· Show empathy towards motorists
· Inbound and outbound calls
· Accurate and legible data entry
· Be knowledgeable of HelpCenter policies and software- CRM, phone system etc.
· Complete assigned tasks from supervisors and others
· Additional duties not listed
· Legally Able to work in the United States
· High school diploma or GED required
· Minimum of two years’ experience working in a virtual, work at home call center required
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check
· At least 1 year experience in a high stress call center environment (brick and mortar or virtual). Examples include: Collections, 911 dispatch/operator, taking calls for fraud line, roadside assistance.
· Laptop or Desktop Computer running Windows Operating System Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10. Chromebook, Microsoft Surface, Tablet/ipads, Vista, Mac’s are not compatible with our clients’ software. Due to the discontinuation of Windows XP Support and updates by Microsoft Windows XP is no longer supported by our client’s software.
· Internet Explorer 7 or greater required with Mozilla Firefox as needed.
· DSL or Cable internet (Wireless and Satellite are not compatible with our software)
· Current antivirus and antispyware
· Installed, operational firewall
Summary of Essential Skills
· Excellent verbal communication skills including grammar and voice quality
· Ability to remain poised under pressure for back to back calls
· Ability to quickly establish rapport with customer, show empathy for their frustrations or concerns and resolve the issue in a timely fashion
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal communication and active listening skills
· Ability to show resilience and tolerance to stress
· Treat all callers, technicians and coworkers in a professional manner at all times
· Documentation, data entry, organization and problem-solving skills are desirable
· Ability to handle detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and speed
· Computer literate and knowledgeable of e-mail and Microsoft Windows. Agents are responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting their own computers.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Function comfortably in a performance-based call center where calls are monitored, recorded and assessed
Program hours are currently 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, however currently the only available hours are for flexible shifts between 9 AM-8 PM PST due to client demand. Agents must be available 30 hours each week Monday through Friday. More availability is welcome and additional hours may be scheduled at the discretion of the Scheduling Manager. Actual hours scheduled will depend on client needs, agent performance and adherence to schedule.